Monday, November 23, 2009

Food for Classroom Feasts

The girls are both having "Thanksgiving Feasts" in their respective classrooms tomorrow. In Emme's class, the kids signed up for whatever they wanted to bring. So, my lovely daughter chooses "mac-n-cheese". Now, until I was in college, I didn't know that there was such thing as non-boxed macaroni and cheese. I have never made any other variety...and then my daughter signs up to bring it to a school pitch-in. So, I ventured out of my comfort zone, made a few phone calls for a recipe and voila! It looks and smells delicious...so good in fact, I may make it again on Thursday.




For Delanie's class, we got the short stick...or the last spot on the sign-up sheet, which left us with "Rice Crispie Turkey Drumsticks". Another venture out of my comfort zone...the rice crispie part was easy, it was making them look like drumsticks that almost put me over the edge. There are some super cute ideas on the web, but D's school is completely peanut butter free and all the recipes called for pb. My mom saved the day when she suggested we use pretzels...not too shabby.




And I have to cook again in a few days???





post signature

No comments: