Monday, September 22, 2008

Eating in Nashville












We had a great weekend in Nashville and lucked into eating at a few fun places. Saturday night, we were just trying to eat close to Opryland when we decided to eat at "Aquarium" (we only did this because the Macaroni Grill had 1 1/2 hour wait). When we first approached the restaurant, I was having flashbacks of when the girls and I ate at the Rainforest Cafe (not a good experience, scary and overstimulating). However, this experience was totally different. The center of the restaurant is a GIGANTIC fish tank filled with huge fish, sting rays, sharks and even an eel. The girls loved it!

I happened to bring my Parents magazine with me to Nashville to read in case I had trouble falling asleep at the hotel. Saturday afternoon as I was flipping through, there was ironically an article titled "8 Great Reasons to Visit Nashville". One of the reasons was about family friendly restaurants and they suggested a restaurant called, "The Pfunky Griddle". The concept is DIY pancakes. We ventured there for breakfast on Sunday and it was a total hit. We shared m&m, chocolate chip, banana, strawberry and blueberry pancakes...I have been dreaming about them ever since!




post signature

No comments: